1. Akshardham Temple contains 200 sculptured stone statues of the sages, priests, acaryas, and holy incarnations from India. This also contains 234 ornately carved walls, nine ornate domes, Gajendra Pith, and 20,000 sculptures of India’s religious figures.
2. Akshardham Temple is surrounded by a lake called Narayan Sarovar which carries water from 151 Indian lakes. 108 faces of cows are mounted around the lakes representing 108 Hindu deities. It has an orbital path of 3,000 feet for Parikrama consisting of red stones brought in from Rajasthan. It also has a building on two storeys, with 1,152 pillars and 145 windows.
3. There is also an impressive garden in lotus-like shape in the Akshardham temple complex and is thus also known as the Lotus Garden. Looking up, it appears like a Lotus made of large stones where quotations from Shakespeare, Martin Luther, Swami Vivekananda and other eminent personalities are graved.
4. Another fascinating fact about Akshardham temple is that, according to Vedic literature, there are 10 gates that serve the 10 directions. These gates prove goodness can keep flowing in from all directions.
5. There is a Yagnapurush Kund in the Akshardham temple complex which is the world’s largest yagna kund. It includes 108 small shrines and 2870 steps which lead to the kund. The majestic temple has attained a spot in the World Records Guinness Book. On 17 December 2007, the International Organization declared the Akshardham Temple The Largest Comprehensive Hindu Temple in the World
6. There are green lawns in the temple premises that are known collectively as Garden of India or Bharat Upavan. Such lawns are lined with bronze statues of India ‘s great and heroic characters. Such people are not religious beings but heroes in everyday life.
7. The temple has a magnificent Lakshmi Narayan statue, 11 foot high, and other statues of Shiva Parvati, Radha Krishna, and Sita Ram inside the memorium. It also consists of the theater, known as Nilkantha, within the premises. It is a reflection of events from God Swaminarayan ‘s life.
8. This gorgeous temple ‘s spectacular musical fountain display is the attraction hub for the public, known as the Circle of Life, a wonderful 15-minute showcase performed every night. This spectacle represents the life process from birth to death.
9. “Sanskritik Vihar” is a boat trip that the tourists use to experience the culture and history of ancient India. This illustration demonstrates ancient India’s universities, economies, and civilization.
10.. Akshardham Temple looks gorgeous at night. It attracts over 100,000 visitors a week and there are about 850 volunteers working daily here.